Monday, September 17, 2007

Purple lights (Pulau Ubin)


It was my first camping trip in ubin. Stayed over for the weekend with the guys on the beach. For me, ubin is like old school Singapore.. It was an exciting camping trip in the outdoors. Now theres a fence around 20meters from the beach, it is to prevent immigrants to came in spore but it gave a terrible look on the shoreline. I didnt sleep much there though,was uncomfortable with the itches of fly bites around my foot and hands. But late into the night we spotted a firefly. normally i aspect them in a group but this time there was just one. The tiny red dot came as close to the shelter, thats my first time seeing a firefly and it sparkled the the darkness of the night.




This last two pics are of an Eagle and a kingfisher taken with my full 12x optical zoom.



Early in the morning, shorty after taking the eagles, we came across boar's tracks. Tracking the boar was exciting though we never got to see a glimpse of it, however, fresh tracks shows proof that it was there and a big one too. We tracked it from the corner of the beach to half way from our camp site. Hearing its grunt excited me, hopping to catch a glimpse of its movement, but it was just fast.

But the conversations late at night was memorable and really funny when mark came up with his purple light song he sings in the army just before breakfast. We had a ball of a laugh on this.
... see my girlfriend,
saw her with, another girl.
tied them up , to a tree.
RAPED THEM
with my buddy and my rifle and me..

2 comments:

doomed_troll said...

good trip. enjoyed it very much.

raven said...

yeap,me too, thx for calling me in on this trip.